Accounts Receivable Senior Associate
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th St
The Accounts Receivable Senior Associate will provide financial, and administrative support by ensuring the company receives payments, properly records the transactions and resolving inquires according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
They will oversee intercompany billing transactions, recording and collecting payments from our company’s customers both internally and externally. They will create financial reports relating to the status of all accounts. The ideal candidate is familiar with billing/collection accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end. This associate will work directly with the Accounts Receivable Manager. Ultimately, the associate should be able to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effective collections.
- Prepare, verify, and process billings for Intercompany services provided
- Enter data into our accounting software to create invoices
- Ensure proper coding is obtained and verified
- Properly record, reconcile and apply cash to correct account
- Investigate and resolve any inquiries from customers
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering into the accounting software.
- Ensure timely collection of payments for all outstanding invoices.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting for upper management
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance,
- 4+ years work experience in Accounts receivable role.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage cash receipts and billing uploads.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment.
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hubble reporting software a plus
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?