Analyst, Acquisitions & Development
- 30 Hudson Yards
The Development Analyst will focus on all aspects of real estate acquisitions and development including financial analysis and modeling, site acquisition, due diligence, zoning, legal document review, budgeting, construction and design. The Analyst will prepare detailed financial analyses and models including those for transaction underwriting and return on investment analysis, and will provide key takeaways to business units, corporate finance, and senior management. The Analyst will also provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Assisting the project manager in a broad range of development activities including site acquisition, financing, governmental approvals, design and construction monitoring, project branding, sales and marketing strategy and implementation.
- Conduct market assessments, site assessments, zoning assessments, and other due diligence related to site acquisition and development feasibility.
- Underwrite new development deals. Prepare business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts, strategic plans, and product introduction financial plans.
- Author internal and external correspondence for transaction and property descriptions, offering memoranda for asset sales and capital raisings, and responses to RFP’s. Manage detailed municipal filings for various development related programs, such as real estate tax abatements and municipal financing applications.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in real estate financial modelling from areas such as real estate corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or real estate investment sales, or debt platforms.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling, MS Excel skills are required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills are also required to succeed in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Coping skills, attention to detail, along with a strong desire to grow and succeed are critical.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to success at Related.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also independently to manage and own tasks.
- Candidates that have a passion for real estate, a strong entrepreneurial mind, and strong work ethic will have the potential to become part of a growing company on the cutting edge of real estate development and an industry leader.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?