Asset Management Analyst
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 20 Hudson Yards
The Analyst role will create forward-looking financial information and financial analysis used to support decision making for The Shops at Hudson Yards. The position will have responsibility for actuals, forecast, and budget consolidation for the Shops’ business unit and cost centers. The position will also have responsibility for Argus modelling and financial analyses of tenant information, lease abstracts, CAM/Expense pool configurations, and development of multi-year cash flow projections, with help from budget teams. This role requires significant interaction with senior level executives within the company.
- Assist in compiling consolidated annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and performance reporting (develop templates, assumptions, analyses and reports of key performance indicators).
- Assist with and oversight of financial and lease-related analysis projects; specifically ARGUS and Excel cash flow modeling, modeling of complex NNN recovery calculations, gathering updated leasing and expense information from various parties
- Conduct scenario analyses based on different leasing, operational, and financing strategies
- Property and lease-accounting related tasks. Should have familiarity with commercial leases; retail, office leases and lease provisions.
- Assist with and coordinate monthly expense draws to be submitted to lender, keeping a close eye on all property expenses; as well as analyzing monthly rental income
- Present monthly results to senior executives; requires familiarity with and understanding of all aspects of the property’s financials
- Create budget variance analyses with detailed explanations of variances
- Conduct tenant sales analyses and produce reports detailing trends, graphs, etc. that indicate tenants performance
- Understanding of tenant billings and accounts receivable
- Assist with individual tenant related disputes including co-tenancy requirements, NNN recovery calculations, past due balances, and amendments
- Assist accounting teams with accrual based operating statements submitted to lender
- Candidates need to possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree required; Advanced Degree a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in Real Estate, Finance, and or/Accounting;
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with ARGUS Enterprise (the ability to build a model from scratch and to test existing ARGUS files) and a strong understanding of sophisticated Excel models, as well as complex real estate cash flow models.
- Must have advanced Excel Modeling skills – will be tested
- Experience with MS PowerPoint
- Experience with analyzing commercial leases, cash flow and net operating income
- Excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses
- Experience with accounting systems and information tools such as JD Edwards, Hubble, Hyperion and database applications, a plus
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?