Manager, IT and Infrastructure
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Information Technology
- 333 South Grand Avenue
The IT and Infrastructure Manager of The Grand, Los Angeles is a full time management role with a focus on overseeing the security and integrity of IT systems, security and communications systems and building infrastructure for the Master Association, as well as the Retail component. This position will report to the Operations Manager. The IT and Infrastructure Manager is responsible for execution of the following objectives:
- Manage day-to-day operations related to telecommunications infrastructure, with both outside vendors and unit holders within The Grand.
- Implement policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained infrastructure.
- Supervise service and maintenance contracts for vendors whose services involve, use or impact the building’s communications infrastructure.
- Act as primary liaison with Department of Information Technology for all stakeholders on matters of mutual concern and those affecting mutual areas of responsibility.
- Manage projects pertaining to telecommunication and technology, and associated infrastructure.
- Responsible for managing results-oriented contract services, including bids, negotiation, walkthroughs, meetings, work orders, quality control and payment approval.
- Participate in expense management efforts, including continual assessment of contracts, services and other property functions.
- Participate with the preparation and regular reforecasting of the operating and capital budgets in the areas of responsibility.
- Assist with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the property operations team.
- Promote organizational strategies, policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the asset, ensuring honest, timely and transparent communication.
- Oversee compliance with and fulfill all financial and operational requirements as outlined by the Master Operations and Reciprocal Easement Agreement, including By-Laws, and Association Management Agreement.
- Be knowledgeable of building plans, infrastructure and equipment that serve both base building and stakeholders.
- Manage and supervise critical communications service and maintenance contracts, including, but not limited to telephone services provider, access control provider, in-building wireless distribution manager and radio system maintenance provider.
- Coordinate and manage technological installations for property management and engineering departments, and provide support as necessary.
- Be responsible for coordinating access to or resolving issues involving the base building telecommunications rooms.
- Coordinate with every provider requiring access to infrastructure to install or maintain internet, telephone or other communications system, maintaining record of all access requests.
- Review documentation and plans for stakeholder installations to ensure adherence to building standard of security, integrity and function of system infrastructure.
- Work with all providers to ensure the most efficient installations of equipment and services that best serve stakeholders and do not interfere with or pose a risk to other building operations and communications functions.
- Manage critical issues and participate as a leader in response to emergencies related to the tele-communications infrastructure in order to secure and implement necessary corrective measures.
- Conduct and document weekly physical and technical inspections of system operability and proactively identify areas requiring repair or maintenance.
- Conduct and document monthly inspections of all telecommunication and electric closet in order to ensure compliance with building standard.
- Submit written monthly reports and provide verbal and other presentations as directed by Master Association Management Personnel.
- Maintain written log of all access requests to the base building telecommunications rooms.
- Maintain written record of all stakeholder requests.
- Remain knowledgeable of changing technologies and make recommendations that increase system performance and realize monetary and other efficiencies for stakeholders and residents.
- Maintain productive relationships with ownership groups to ensure service is delivered to the highest standard and expectation as managing agent for the facility.
- Ensure tenant adherence to property Rules and Regulations and local/federal codes and directives.
- Build and foster strong relationships with tenants in order to help them to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Maintain productive relationships with tenants, including handling tenant telecommunications requests and challenges.
- Responsible for day-to-day success of all tenant work.
- Providing retailer construction and support services.
- Experience in IT and building system management of Class A retail or mixed-use asset.
- Effective, clear, and affirmative verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of building IT and telecommunications systems.
- Background of direct responsibility for energy management on a facility and/or regional level.
- Understanding of property management issues.
- Background in leadership, direction, counsel and motivation to a team of diverse skill sets.
- Ability to perform written assignments, including preparation of reports, proofreading and editing.
- Highly organized and goal oriented.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new priorities and work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment, while also managing competing priorities.
- Agile in complex situations, anticipating and adjusting for problems and/or roadblocks.
- Strong character and work ethic.
- Clear and demonstrated decision making capabilities.
- Ability to support and inspire an innovative and productive operating culture.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?