- 18201 Von Karman Avenue
The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting management with a broad range of development and entitlement activities for Related California’s Bristol Commons project, a catalytic, master planned, mixed-use project located on 42-acres and two city blocks in the heart of Orange County, California. Bristol Commons will include a transformative mix of residential and commercial uses. The Development Associate position will be based in Irvine, California. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Bristol Commons project team and will assist management with a broad range of development and entitlement activities, including: purchasing existing leasehold interests, advancing the project’s entitlement approvals, creating and managing financial models covering all major real estate asset classes, generating investment memoranda and other reports, managing third party consultants, and assuming various project management responsibilities. The successful candidate will work closely with management to:
- Create and manage detailed financial models and budgets for all components of the project including roll up models.
- Conduct market research, site assessments and other due diligence related to site acquisition and development feasibility.
- Author, maintain and manage the Project’s budgets, schedule and project trackers.
- Author financial forecasts, project reports and investment memoranda.
- Work with the team to advance the project’s entitlements and governmental approvals which will include a Specific Plan, Environmental Impact Report, Development Agreement and a Tract Map.
- Manage third party consultant contracts, budgets, schedules, scopes of work and deliverables.
- Attend and participate in project meetings and presentations, including: planning meetings, internal and external presentations, project coordination meetings, stakeholder meetings, and various workshops.
- Review and summarize existing retail leases, author and maintain existing retail lease databases, and assist in the negotiation and acquisition of existing retail leasehold interests.
- Underwrite new development and acquisition opportunities as they may occur.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; MBA or MRED preferred.
- Minimum of 2‐3 years of relevant experience (e.g. real estate, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity).
- Must be a team player, able to work well in groups , but also independent and a self‐starter that can perform with limited direction.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling, advanced MS Excel skills are required; experience with Argus is a bonus.
- Strong project management skills, results‐driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills are also required to succeed in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, along with a strong desire to grow and succeed are critical.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to success at Related.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Deal instinct and owner mentality.
- High energy and possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance;
- A passion for real estate.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?