Senior Project Manager
- Construction Project Management
- Related Midwest Office
Related Midwest’s Construction Management Team works to provide necessary controls, management, insight and input on construction schedule, deliverables, cost, safety, quality and complexity. Once a project begins, the construction team works alongside the project’s development, financial and property management teams to manage costs, ensure quality, explore building system alternatives, coordinate zoning and permits, oversee the project’s construction bid and contract process, schedule, execution of Construction Work and project closeout.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns subcontractors to execute the work.
- Accurately generates and negotiates subprime and subcontractor agreements in a manor to stay on time and under budget.
- Assists in project planning and identification of resources needed.
- Directly responsible for maintaining budget, change orders, purchase orders, and general conditions project costs.
- Assists in all other project accounting functions including but not limited to minimizing exposure and risk during the project.
- Ensures that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devises the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicates effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Assists in the coordination of all parties involved in the project, which include the owners, architects, governing agencies, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and holds regular status meetings with all the subcontractors.
- Maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Daily inspection of construction sites.
- Serves as a key link with the clients and reviews the deliverables prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Responsible for implementing the Corporate Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Directives (EDID) at their project sites.
- Responsible for MBE/WBE/DBE compliance and self-imposed company goal of 40% participation.
- Comply with Section 3 small business and community based hires when applicable.
- Oversees the implementation of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on our project sites.
- Facilitates OAC meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with construction team.
- Keeps construction team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Works directly with Property Management to ensure seamless transition during leasing and occupancy buildup.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, and client/server architectures.
- Is knowledgeable of electronic programs such as Textura, eBuilder, etc.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Degree in Architecture, Construction Management and/or related field.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems.
- Extensive construction/field experience.
- Exceptional communications skills - written and verbal.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Ideation-minded with demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- Real estate, hospitality or luxury goods experience a plus.
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?