Senior Accountant, Commercial
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th St
The Senior Accountant will work within the Commercial Accounting group. The Commercial Accounting group is responsible for the daily accounting operations of Related’s commercial portfolio which covers retail, office, condominium, restaurant and experiences areas. The group’s responsibilities include internal and external management reporting, debt and partner compliance, as well as, interacting with operations, lease administration, treasury and information technology.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting, daily and period end accounting activities, performing general ledger financial analysis, cash management, assisting with preparing financial items, and analyzing monthly and year-to-date budget variances across the project that spans components such as: The Shops and Restaurants at Hudson Yards, The Shops at Columbus Circle and the Hudson Yards co-generation utility plant. This position also involves collaboration with the finance team and senior leaders to produce a variety of high quality, monthly and quarterly reports that are used company-wide for reporting, analysis and planning.
The ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and be based in our New York office.
- Assist in the daily accounting for the various activities and transactions.
- Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement analysis for management and partners.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end work paper packages from posted journal entries and general ledger analysis.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Collaborate with Controller and business executives on monthly cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Prepare the annual audited financial statements and provide supporting documentation to the auditors.
- Create reporting templates, formulate analysis using applications such as Excel and JD Edwards accounting software and participate in various business process/ technology integration initiatives.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of real estate experience, CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/ accounting theory
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?