POS System Administrator
- US-NY-New York
- Information Technology
- 20 Hudson Yards
Hudson Yards is currently seeking a Point-of-Sale Systems Administrator who will play a key role in supporting the daily operations and configuration of the attractions’ ticketing system. Reporting directly to the Director of Event Technology, the Administrator will take part in the installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software components to ensure a smooth operation, work with staff and vendors to troubleshoot issues and assist in performing upgrades and implementations. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and be a part of exciting attractions!
- Meet with stakeholders to develop business requirements and strategies around new feature requests and enhancements.
- Application of systems analysis techniques and best practices, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
- Document, analyze, test and/or modify computer systems and programs based on and related to user or system design specifications.
- Document, test and/or modify computer programs related to machine operating systems.
- Flexibility and comfort in being on-call in case of emergency and in working nights/weekends when necessary (e.g. maintenance, upgrades, outages).
- Work with Event Technology team to provide technical (i.e. hardware/software) solutions.
- Preparing, configuring and deploying computers and peripherals for staff.
- Provide a high level of customer service while supporting the attraction and staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of POS equipment with outside vendors.
- Communicate with end users and local support teams to ensure reliability and functionality of systems and programs.
- Work with tech team in documenting and updating technology-related instructions/procedures as required.
- Document updates and resolution of issues via an internal helpdesk ticketing system.
- Experience in administration and configuration of Gateway Galaxy Ticketing Systems
- Experience using Service Now and Monday.com a plus
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and customer services skills
- Basic understanding of SQL or other relational databases
- Basic understanding of HTML is a plus
- Proficient with the installation of computer hardware and software
- Experience working in a Helpdesk environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be organized and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including late evenings, holidays, weekends
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?