- US-CA-Santa Clara
- Accounting / Finance
- 5201 Great America Pkwy
The Controller will work closely with the CFO on all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for the Related Santa Clara project. This is a key role on the accounting team with very dynamic demands and responsibilities that will change over time as the project progresses from the pre-development stage to construction and eventually to the turnover to operations and/or sales of assets to third parties. The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. This position will be based in Santa Clara. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continuously monitor accounting procedures, internal controls, and manage financial database.
- Maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with company and industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the transactional general ledger and month end close process for multiple entities.
- Review monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting packages.
- Review internal financial statements and consolidated reports for executive distribution and externally for both lenders and/or investors.
- Review external audit reports before filing.
- Oversee the capital requisition process and ensure all payments made timely.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations as well as debt covenants.
- Oversee preparation of tax returns with external tax preparers.
- Communicate effectively across the company to research and resolve problems. Ability to propose process improvement and work with a team to implement changes.
- Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant accounting experience.
- CPA required and Real estate development or construction company experience preferred.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software highly preferred.
- Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders.
- Team player.
- Superior organizational skills.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate degree.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?