- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 30 Hudson Yards 72
The FP&A Analyst will provide assistance to the Financial Planning & Analysis team to create forward-looking financial information and financial analysis used to support decision making for the Hudson Yards Project, Related South Florida Platform, and Stephen Ross Florida projects. This role requires significant interaction with senior level executives within the company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting packages.
- Manage the Hudson Yards cash flow model which is used to track actual and forecasted development costs, determine the sources of funding for each project, and manage the cash available to the Hudson Yards JV.
- Prepare monthly submissions of consolidated platform level P&L / cash flow projections for Corporate FP&A, communicate budget vs. actual variances and changes in forecasting assumptions.
- Assist in compiling consolidated annual budgets (develop templates, assumptions, analyses and reports), forecasts (templates and set frequency and levels of detail), and performance management (development of key performance indicators, setting of target, and analysis/reporting).
- Manage monthly capital call preparation and presentation to internal management and external partners.
- Assist in the development of portfolio level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics and other analysis.
- Manage the Hudson Yards and South Florida overhead budget model and quarterly reforecasting process, monthly tracking of overhead actuals, preparation of reporting packages, and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Prepare actual versus budget variance analysis.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assist in cash management activities including cash-on-hand reconciliations and scenario analysis to investigate alternate methods for sourcing future development costs.
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc analysis and reporting activities within the Hudson Yards and South Florida team.
- Review underwriting models, project waterfalls and forecasts.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Advanced Degree, CFA and/or MBA, a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Finance and or/Accounting.
- Must have advanced Excel Modeling skills – will be tested.
- Must have strong experience with MS PowerPoint.
- Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses.
- Ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly.
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome.
- Superior organizational skills.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with accounting systems and information tools such as JD Edwards, Hyperion and database applications, a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong familiarity with capital markets and real estate finance.
- Ability to partner with senior partners, anticipating reporting and analysis needs which can help guide their decision making process.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?