- Accounting / Finance
- Related Midwest Office
Related Midwest is seeking a Senior Accountant to work in the development accounting area of the Chicago office. The incumbent will be responsible for all accounting activities associated with the projects assigned. Specific duties include mentoring junior personnel, general accounting, internal management reporting, ledger reconciliations, accounts receivable/payable and payroll analysis. The Senior Accountant will also interface with internal associates within construction, development, finance, tax and legal as well as external contacts. The position involves collaboration to produce a variety of high quality reports that are used in consolidated reporting, financial analysis and forecasting. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Review and/or prepare applications for payment from the general contractor perspective (G702/703) and/or the owner’s perspective.
- Oversee the Textura processing for all contracts, designers and vendors, associated with assigned projects.
- Support e-Builder functionality and reconcile the project costs to the general ledger each month.
- Facilitate the timely and accurate data entry process for all invoice applications, change orders, general expenses.
- Coordinate the disbursement of funds through various title companies.
- Prepare and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and/or prepare monthly work papers and reporting for projects assigned.
- Assist commercial accounting with the consolidation of financial results to owners.
- Prepare profitability analysis for assigned projects.
- Evaluate financial and operational activities and make recommendations to improve efficiency and internal control.
- Participate in various business process and technology integration initiatives.
- Participate in annual audits.
- Collaborate with business teams and senior management on operational reporting metrics.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years of accounting experience ideally focused on real estate development and general contracting
- Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multitask to meet dead lines
- A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to evaluate data and present solutions to solve business issues
- Ability to recognize issues and communicate with management in a clear and articulate manner
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Textura, eBuilder, HFM, Hubble, or other property management related software, a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?