Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th St
The Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting will assist with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements and other financial information for internal and external purposes. This will involve significant interaction with numerous business line controllers to obtain, analyze and explain fluctuations in business activity and financial results. The Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting will be primarily responsible for performing and maintaining the consolidation process. In addition, this position will assist in determining the appropriate accounting for transactions and maintaining appropriate accounting policies and processes, including internal controls over financial reporting.
The Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting will work closely with the Vice President and Senior Manager of Financial Reporting on all aspects of financial reporting including:
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements and disclosures, including the cash flow statement.
- Interact with business line controllers to support the consolidation process and evaluate financial results.
- Assist with research on technical accounting issues and documentation of conclusions for specific transactions.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, including leasing standards (ASC 842), and maintaining accounting policies and procedures.
- Review of subsidiary financial statements and information with a technical GAAP and analytical focus.
- Review of working papers from the Corporate Accounting and business platform accounting teams as necessary.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices in the financial reporting process.
- Promote consistency in financial reporting among the Corporate Accounting and business platform accounting teams.
- Maintain governance and functional support for corporate consolidation application, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, and interface with IT to troubleshoot issues if arise.
- Assist in the coordination with the external auditor.
- Assist in the assessment and development of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+years of relevant accounting experience, with real estate experience preferred
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management/JD Edwards/Hubble reporting software a plus
- Experience with US GAAP financial statements and disclosures, IFRS a plus
- Experience evaluating and implementing internal controls over financial reporting
- A mature professional with sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?