- US-NY-New York
- Legal & Insurance Risk
- 30 Hudson Yards
The Paralegal will be responsible for supporting the General Counsel of Related Companies. This position will have the responsibilities of the day-to-day legal administrative and documentation duties for our Related Corporate Real Estate business. The successful candidate will work closely with the following Related divisions: Construction and Design, Construction Cost Management, Development, Leasing, Marketing, and Residential Sales and Rentals. The position will be based in New York, NY. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formation and maintenance of legal entities
- Legal file administration, processing new and old files
- Administration of time records and invoicing
- Maintenance of Entity System
- Coordination with attorneys, both in-house and third party
- Drafting and creating agreements, memoranda, corporate resolutions, closing certificates and opinion letters
- Reviewing due diligence documents
- Ordering and reviewing lien and judgment searches
- Preparing and managing transactional documents from beginning through closing and post-closing
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant corporate and real estate legal experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences
- Diplomatically assertive
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- A Registered Paralegal ( RP) certification is preferred
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?