Associate, Debt Fund
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 30 Hudson Yards 83
Related Fund Management, LLC is looking to add an Associate to the Related Real Estate Debt Fund (“RDF”) team in its New York offices at Hudson Yards. The Associate will be joining an experienced team that has originated over $2.7 billion across 49 real estate credit investments since 2014. RDF provides debt financing, structured as first mortgage whole loans, B-Notes, mezzanine loans and debt-like preferred equity, to sponsors of commercial real estate located throughout the United States. RDF specializes in identifying opportunities to provide capital at varying stages of the investment lifecycle including assets with sub-performing or distressed business plans.
The Associate will be involved in every stage of a transaction, including, but not limited to underwriting, market research, property tours, term sheet drafting and negotiations, investment committee memorandums, closings, and client meetings and events. S/he will work in a high-energy environment and report to senior management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Associate will focus on all aspects of loan originations, financial modeling/underwriting, term sheets, due diligence, loan document review, and closings across all property types and geographies.
- Perform in depth market research, comparable sale reviews, lease analyses and sponsor diligence.
- Prepare comprehensive investment committee memos and presentations, outlining investment rationale, deal returns, and key execution risks.
- Attend debt platform investment committee meetings and present findings to senior management.
- Support asset management through review of borrower quarterly reporting and loan covenant compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience from either an Investment Bank or Private Equity firm (credit or equity).
- Understanding of real estate credit.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skills including Excel an Argus are required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization are necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment where the Associate will be required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are keys to success at Related.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also take ownership of tasks.
- Attention to detail as well as a strong desire to grow and succeed is critical.
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.
- A demonstrated ability to interact with senior executives.
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Eligible to work in the U.S. with no restrictions.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?